The Official Slingo Site | Online Slots and Slingo Games

Why Slingo Offers the Best Online Blackjack Experience

Blackjack is one of the oldest and most popular card games on the planet and here at Slingo, we have made it our aim to bring you the best online blackjack playing experience around.

With tons of different variations of the game as well as a constant stream of special promotions and offers, Slingo has everything you need to ensure you have the best time possible playing blackjack online. Our games are brought to you by some of the biggest and the best developers in the industry and are all easy and fun to play from the comfort of your own living room.

Not only do we offer an excellent selection of different online blackjack games, but we also have a brilliant live-dealer blackjack section for those who prefer their experience to feel a little bit more authentic.

Our online casino blackjack games are all operated on a random-number generator, meaning you can be sure that the games are safe and fair. Our customer’s safety and security when playing blackjack online is our number 1 priority. We also believe that online blackjack games are not just about trying to win money but also about having a lot of fun and gambling responsibly at all times.

10 Things You Should Know About Online Blackjack

  • 1.

    The house edge, which is the advantage the house has over the player, is around 1% in blackjack . This is one of the lowest in any game at a casino.

  • 2.

    Online casinos’ use of random number generators, combined with the fact that the deck is shuffled every hand, means that you can not count cards in online blackjack.

  • 3.

    Never listen to anyone who suggests that there is a secret formula to winning at blackjack. There is no such thing.

  • 4.

    Online casino blackjack games are generated by a random number generator, which means you can breathe easy when it comes to your safety.

  • 5.

    Online blackjack games provide you with the same odds as if you were playing in a real-life casino.

  • 6.

    On average, you have a 42% chance of winning a hand in blackjack, a 50% chance of losing, and an 8% chance of a push.

  • 7.

    Remember, the aim of the game is not necessarily to reach 21, but to beat the dealer and be closer to 21 than they are.

  • 8.

    Blackjack can be a really fun game, but be sure to keep your eye on your bankroll and don’t chase your losses too much. Statistically, there is no such thing as a streak, so always have that in mind.

  • 9.

    Online blackjack games are regularly audited and checked for fairness. This means you can be sure you are going to have a fair and enjoyable experience.

  • 10.

    There are various different versions of blackjack available online. Each one will have slightly different rules that may affect the odds of the game in some way, so make sure you have read the rules of the game before playing.

How to Play Blackjack Online - Rules

  • Place your bet. This is the amount of money you wish to play this round.
  • The dealer deals two cards to himself, and two to you.
  • Your cards will be face-up, while only one of the dealer’s cards will be visible.
  • The target of the game is to score as close to the number 21 as possible.
  • All cards are equal to their face value. Suits are all equal to 10, while an Ace can be equal to 1 or 11, depending on which one is of more benefit to the player.
  • Once you have been dealt your hand, you can then decide whether you want to hit, stand, fold, double or split. Once you have finished, the dealer will then take his turn.
  • The dealer will always hit if the total is in hand in lower than 17. He will stand on 17 or higher.

Essential Blackjack Terms

  • Stand

    If you choose to stand in Blackjack, that means you no longer require any new cards and are happy with the total you have.

  • Hit

    If you want to hit, that means you want another card from the dealer. You can hit as many times as you like until you go bust or are satisfied with the total you have.

  • Split

    If you receive two cards that are the same number in your opening hand, you can separate them and play them as two separate hands. You will have to place the same wager on each hand though.

  • Double

    Once you have received your hand, you can choose to double down. This means placing another bet that is equal to your original one. Once you’ve done this, however, you are only able to draw one extra card.

  • Blackjack

    Scoring a blackjack means that your cards add up to 21 and that you have won the round. The only occasion where a blackjack doesn’t give you an instant win is when the dealer also has blackjack at the same time.

  • Even Money

    An insurance bet in blackjack is a type of side bet that is offered when the dealer is showing an ace. Even money is a type of insurance bet you can play in the game. This happens when you have blackjack and the dealer has an Ace turned up.

  • First Base

    The first base is the hand dealt to the dealer’s left. The player on first base always goes first in a tournament situation.

  • Hole Card

    The hole card is the dealer’s card that is face down when the cards are originally dealt. This card will remain face down until you have decided to stick with your hand.

  • Upcard

    The upcard is simply the card that the dealer is showing to the player. When the cards are dealt, the dealer will draw two cards, one of them will be facing up and the other will be face down.

  • Surrender

    While the option to surrender may not be available with every game of blackjack, it is important to know what it is. To surrender is to give up on a round and willingly lose half of your stake, this option is only available if the dealer’s upcard is an Ace.

Why Online Blackjack is More Fun Than Casino Blackjack

  • 1.

    It offers much more convenience and comfort than having to visit a real casino.

  • 2.

    You can play online blackjack on your mobile phone, meaning you can play the games wherever you are.

  • 3.

    Unlike in a real casino, there is no waiting around for space at the table, just log-on and play.

  • 4.

    Online casinos will offer sign-up bonuses and special offers. These can be used when playing online blackjack.

  • 5.

    There is much less pressure and you can take a little more time to make your decisions.

  • 6.

    A Blackjack online game is determined by a random number generator, making it fair and safe.

  • 7.

    Online blackjack is so much faster. Instead of waiting for another player to take his turn or for the dealer to shuffle the deck, you can simply log-in and get playing.

  • 8.

    Live dealer blackjack online provides you with the option of having a real-world casino experience without having to leave your house. This means you get the best of both worlds.

  • 9.

    You can usually play online blackjack for much lower stakes than in a real casino, meaning you can play for longer and have more fun.

  • 10.

    There are often more variations of blackjack available online than in brick and mortar casinos.

Live Dealer Blackjack


Live dealer blackjack is an excellent way of experiencing the thrills of a real-life casino from the comfort of your own home. In live dealer blackjack, you get to play the game via a live video stream with a real-life dealer. Here at Slingo Casino, we have a range of different live blackjack games available for our customers to play.

While most online blackjack games feature gameplay that is generated by a random number generator - live blackjack gives you the opportunity to pit your wits against a real-life dealer, adding a whole new layer of fun to the game.


Chances of Beating the Dealer in Blackjack

One of the reasons for the enduring popularity of blackjack is that there are a lot of things players can do to cut into the dealer’s chances of winning and in turn, win themselves some money.

The house’s edge in blackjack is typically around 1%, which means that blackjack is one of the games where players have the best chance of winning. Unlike a lot of other casino games, the house edge can be reduced in blackjack, providing the player knows how to play the game well. Learning basic blackjack strategy, which teaches you how to play each hand does a significant job in cutting the house edge. In fact, it can cut the house edge down to around 0.5% when used correctly, which is one of the lowest available in any casino game.

It is important to remember, however, that there is no way of totally turning the odds in your favour in a game of Blackjack and ensuring victory, no matter what anybody tells you. Reducing the house edge will just reduce the chances of you losing more money over a period of time.

3 Best Tips for Winning at Blackjack

Why 21 of All Numbers?

There is a lot of speculation as to why the number 21 is the target number in blackjack. Some believe the origins of the game stretch all the way back to the 1300s, with Spanish author Miguel Cervantes being the first to reference it as the game ‘21’ in one of his novels.

The game was later established in North America following the French Revolution and despite being banned for some time in the States, it became a favourite in Las Vegas once the ban on gambling was lifted in the 1900s. The game is now played in casinos all around the world.

Trusted payment providers

  • Credit card deposit
  • Credit card deposit
  • Paysafecard
  • TrustlyDirect
  • Moneybookers
  • Neteller
  • Payz
  • Apple Pay
V: 1.52.2 All rights reserved. January 2020