Since Slingo Riches and Slingo Rainbow Riches have such similar names, it’s easy to get them mixed up! But don’t worry - we’re here to help clear things up. Read on to find out more about both of these exciting Slingo games, and what makes them different!
Slingo Riches is the original Slingo game, which burst onto our screens back in 2015. By contrast, Slingo Rainbow Riches was released in 2018 and is a mash-up of the Slingo mechanic combined with hugely popular slot game series Rainbow Riches.
There are some similarities between the gameplay of the two Slingo games, so we’ll cover those first before looking at the differences. Both games feature the familiar Slingo grid, and the aim is to match numbers on the reels with those on the grid to complete Slingos and work your way up the pay or bonus ladder.
How to Play Slingo Riches
The pay or bonus ladder is the main area where the games begin to differ in terms of gameplay. Slingo Riches features a pay ladder, with a cash prize that increases in value the more Slingos you complete.
In Slingo Riches there’s also a chance to win an instant cash prize by finding a stack of gold coins on the reels, whereas this feature is absent in Slingo Rainbow Riches.
How to Play Slingo Rainbow Riches
Slingo Rainbow Riches also features a ladder, but this time it’s a bonus ladder. The aim of the game is to complete Slingos to unlock bonus games - you’ll need to complete five or more Slingos to gain access to one of seven bonus games.
The bonus games are inspired by the original Rainbow Riches game, and include the Wishing Well Bonus, the Road to Riches Bonus and more.
Slingo Riches vs. Slingo Rainbow Riches: Themes and Graphics
Slingo Riches and Slingo Rainbow Riches have quite different designs, so it’s worth trying out both games to see which you prefer. Since Slingo Riches was the first ever Slingo game, it has a classic and pared-back feel and a muted colour scheme. It’s ideally suited to beginners so that they can get to grips with the basic game, or for those who are looking for a more relaxing gaming experience.
On the other hand, Slingo Rainbow Riches is a bright and vibrant game set on a sunny day in the rolling hills of Ireland. The bonus games feature leprechauns, toadstools, wishing wells and more, and the game has a fun Irish theme and a colourful design. This makes Slingo Rainbow Riches perfect for those looking for a bright, cheerful game with lots going on.
Let’s take a look at some of the key features of both Slingo games:
Slingo Riches Features
- Jokers and Super Jokers: These symbols allow you to choose numbers to mark off on the grid. Find three of them on a single spin to win a bonus cash prize!
- Gold coins: A stacked coins symbol on the reels awards an instant cash prize.
- Free spins: This symbol awards an additional spin at the end of the game.
- Extra spins: Option to buy more spins at the end of each game.
Slingo Rainbow Riches Features
- Seven bonus rounds, triggered by completing a certain number of Slingos on the grid.
- We don’t have space to list all of the bonus rounds here, but some of our favourites include:
- Magic Toadstool: Choose magic toadstools to win multiplier prizes.
- Road to Riches: Larry the Leprechaun spins the reels to determine how many steps you can take along the golden trail.
- Pots of Gold: The highest level bonus game, where you could get a chance to win a multiplier of up to 1,000x your bet!
For those of you interested in the technical features of the two games, check out our summary below:
Slingo Riches Technical Features
- Slingo Riches has an RTP (Return to Player) of 95%. Percentage return to player (% RTP) is the expected percentage of wagers that a specific game will return to the player in the long run.
- The minimum and maximum bet ranges from £0.50 to £100, making it suitable for players with a variety of budgets.
- Each game consists of 11 spins, with the option to buy extra spins at the end of the game.
Slingo Rainbow Riches Technical Features
- Slingo Riches has an RTP (Return to Player) of 95.6%, which is slightly higher than Slingo Riches.
- The minimum and maximum bet ranges from £0.50 to £100 - the same as Slingo Riches.
- Each game consists of 10 spins, with the option to buy extra spins at the end of the game.
Slingo Riches vs. Slingo Rainbow Riches: Which Game Is Better?
Although this is the question you probably all want the answer to, the truth is that it depends on your preferences! If you’re looking for a classic Slingo game that is easy to get to grips with and has a simple design, Slingo Riches is for you. However, if you feel like trying something different with lots of potential bonus rounds then Slingo Rainbow Riches will be right up your street.
Our best advice is to try them both! Playing Slingo games is the only way to really get a feel for them, and there are plenty of different options to suit everyone.
Play Slingo Rainbow Riches and Slingo Riches at Slingo.com
You can find Slingo Riches, Slingo Rainbow Riches and lots more exciting games at Slingo.com, the official home of Slingo. Join us now for a safe, fun and engaging gaming experience that puts you first. Ready to try something new? Sign up with Slingo now!