The classic game of Blackjack is given a new lease of life in this simple-to-play virtual adaptation. It’s just you and the dealer, head to head, in a battle to see who comes out on top – just make sure the dealer goes bust first!
If you’ve never played Blackjack before, you’ll be a pro in no time thanks to this easy-to-play online version. The aim of the game is to beat the dealer’s hand by getting a lower value hand without exceeding 21. The value of your hand is determined by combining the value of its cards; face cards are worth 10, Aces are worth 1 or 11, and all other cards are worth their numbered value. Exceeding 21 is also known as ‘going bust’. If the value of your hand equal 21 – you’ve got a Blackjack!
How To Play
Taking on the dealer is easier than it sounds! Start by clicking a chip to select a CHIP VALUE, then click the bet circle in the middle of the table to add your selected chip to your bet. The following commands are available to you as you play:
- DEAL – click begin your game
- DOUBLE BET – click to double your current bet
- REBET – click after a game to place the same bet again
- REBEAT AND DEAL – click to place same bet and start new game in one click
- CLEAR ALL – click to remove your bet from the table
After the cards are dealt, if you neither you or the dealer has Blackjack, you can attempt to improve your outcome by playing out your hand. Depending on your cards, you’ll be able to choose from the following commands:
- HIT – click to request another card. You can keep drawing cards until you stand OR until the value of your hand exceeds 21 and you go bust!
- STAND – click to take no more cards for this hand
- SPLIT – available if the first two cards in your hand are the same value. Click to split your cards into two separate hands and place an additional bet equal to your main bet. If you split Aces, you can only get one more card per split hand!
- DOUBLE DOWN – available for the first two cards of any hand. Click to double your bet and draw exactly one more card
Once your hands are played, the dealer reveals the face-down card and must draw until the value of the hand is 17 or higher. If the dealer goes bust, all of you non-busted hands win! Otherwise, the dealer’s hand is compared to each your non-busted hands and all winning hands pay out 1 to 1. In the case of a tie, the bet for that hand ‘pushes’ and you get it back.
You’ll be offered an insurance bet if the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace – this is because an Ace gives the dealer a strong chance of getting Blackjack. If you accept the offer, another bet equal to half your main bet is placed before the dealer’s hand is checked for Blackjack. If the dealer gets Blackjack, your main bet will be forfeited and your insurance bet will pay out 2 to 1; if the dealer doesn’t get Blackjack, your main bet remains active and your insurance bet is forfeited.
Return To Player
This game has a theoretical RTP of 99.60% which means for every £100 wagered it will pay out £99.60. Malfunction voids all pays and play.