The classic game of Blackjack is given a new lease of life in this simple-to- play virtual adaptation. It's just you and the dealer, head to head, in a battle to see who comes out on top - just make sure the dealer goes bust first!
If you've never played Blackjack before, you'll be a pro in no time thanks to
this easy-to-play online version. The aim of the game is to beat the dealer's
hand by getting a lower value hand without exceeding 21. The value of your
hand is determined by combining the value of its cards; face cards are worth
10, Aces are worth 1 or 11, and all other cards are worth their numbered
value. Exceeding 21 is also known as ‘going bust'. If the value of your hand
equal 21 - you've got a Blackjack!
How to play
Taking on the dealer is easier than it sounds! Start by clicking a chip to
select a CHIP VALUE, then click the bet circle in the middle of the table to
add your selected chip to your bet. The following commands are available to
you as you play:
- DEAL - click begin your game
- DOUBLE BET - click to double your current bet
- REBET - click after a game to place the same bet again
- REBEAT AND DEAL - click to place same bet and start new game in one click
- CLEAR ALL - click to remove your bet from the table
After the cards are dealt, if you neither you or the dealer has Blackjack, you
can attempt to improve your outcome by playing out your hand. Depending on
your cards, you'll be able to choose from the following commands:
- HIT - click to request another card. You can keep drawing cards until you stand OR until the value of your hand exceeds 21 and you go bust!
- STAND - click to take no more cards for this hand
- SPLIT - available if the first two cards in your hand are the same value. Click to split your cards into two separate hands and place an additional bet equal to your main bet. If you split Aces, you can only get one more card per split hand!
- DOUBLE DOWN - available for the first two cards of any hand. Click to double your bet and draw exactly one more card
Once your hands are played, the dealer reveals the face-down card and must
draw until the value of the hand is 17 or higher. If the dealer goes bust, all
of you non-busted hands win! Otherwise, the dealer's hand is compared to each
your non-busted hands and all winning hands pay out 1 to 1. In the case of a
tie, the bet for that hand ‘pushes' and you get it back.
Return to player
This game has a theoretical RTP of 99.60% which means for every £100 wagered
it will pay out £99.60. Malfunction voids all pays and play.